Tax Season is right around the corner…..get ready!
The United States Internal Revenue Service has pretty good website on helping users protect your computer online and with the tax season around the corner…..good time to start.
Here is the down and dirty on Tip 1:
- Understand and use security software
- Allow security software to update automatically
- Loos for the “S” for encrypted “https” websites
- User Strong Passwords
- Secure your wireless network
- Be cautious using public wireless networks
- Avoid phishing attempts
The content is not new, but they have a different view on things coming from a Tax Authority.