Steal my identity….I don’t need it anymore!
I assume you are like me and don’t want your Personal Identity (Social Security Number, Address, Kids names, etc.) falling into the wrong hands….right! The IRS Tip Number 3 will help with trying to keep all of your stuff safe.
Here is a rundown on what you can expect to see in the article:
- Read your Credit Card and Banking statements carefully…and often!
- Organized crime outfits have been taking out money in small increments form bank accounts and credit cards for years….watch out.
- Review and respond to all notices and correspondence from the IRS
- Review credit reports at least once a year
- Review annual Social Security Statement
- Watch Health insurance statements for claims on services you didn’t receive
- Shred documents not being used
- Use Direct Deposit
- If you bank online, use special usernames and passwords separate from your daily use stuff
- Freeze your credit
- It can be a bit of pain but it will save your from identity theft!
- Fraud reporting is a placebo….it only tells you that something bad happened, after the fact.
- Check out your kid’s credit reports, if they have one, and then freeze their accounts. They don’t need credit anyway….right! J
Expect more of these in the future but hang in there and stay frosty, or should I say…..frozen!
Have a blessed day.